Monday, October 24, 2011
West African Humor
This absolutely made me laugh. We had to go to the African doctor today to get medical clearance for our identity cards to be able to stay here. We went with a guy from our center so we pull up to the "hospital" and walk up to a guard. He talks to him and we are ushered into a side room that opens up to the outside. One guard is laying on a bed a few feet from us reading a newspaper and the "doctor" is sitting at a desk. We just sit there. No words necessary. We give the doctor our passports. He copies our information off of them as you see above. He signs several places and stamps the paper. We give him $10 each. He gives us the paper. That is it.
As I'm reading the French when we get in the car, I am laughing. This paper certifies that we had a clincial exam including x-rays, vision tests, and an ear, nose, throat exam. It also certifies that we are without contagious diseases. That doctor could tell ALL of that just by looking at us. And we think we are so advanced ;)
If American doctors were that cheap, easy and accurate (he diagnosed us correctly.. haha!), I don't think I would mind going as much! Amanda's words echo my own as we left today: "That's my kind of Doctor!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment