So... this is how trash is picked up on our street. By the way, our view is not typical. We live in a wealthy neighborhood. I pan the camera away because the guy was walking up toward the cart and I didn't want him to see me recording this as people here don't like pictures taken very much. At the end you hear the whistle which is what notifies people who have trash pick up service that the horse and buggy is here and to bring your trash out. Trash pick up service via horse cart and buggy - $6 a month!
One of the things that I really do like about this culture (and has the potential to get irritating as well) is the fact that people come to you. They do not wait for you to come to them to buy their services. There are several people who walk down our street daily yelling out different types of fish that they have to sell. As you are backed up in traffic, you can buy all sorts of things from cashews to toilet paper to baby formula to remote controls to cell phone credit. I really do like it. Most people aren't pushy.. they simply walk by you, hold out what they have to sell so you can get a good look at it and if you don't show them any interest, they just walk on past to the next car.
No comments:
Post a Comment