Better Is One Day

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Pause time"



So this is what we do during "pause time" during language lessons.  I did learn after this that it is easier to balance on your head when you have weight in it.  It keeps falling off because it is so light (or so I tell myself).

Few fun things to mention:

1) Amanda and I had our first experience with the taxi services here on Monday.  It was mostly a success.  Mostly.  We decided to go get ice cream after language.  So we get a taxi, negotiate the price, and are on the way to La Gondole.  Or so we thought.  After about a 15 minute drive on backroads we've never seen, the taxi stops and the man points and says, "Fi. La Gondole" to this shack on the side of the road.  Amanda says there is no way she's getting out.  We are discussing what we should do when a girl, who Amanda called a blessing from heaven, was able to speak limited English and explain to our taxi driver where the REAL La Gondole is... the one with air conditioning, ice cream, etc.  So we have to pay double the original price to get there.  We just got a nice tour in the back of a taxi of the city and eventually got some ice cream.  The taxi ride home was no problem.

2)  We are about asleep when Becky informs us that it is raining.  Now, I typically don't get that excited about rain.  But this warranted getting out of bed to see with my own eyes because I don't think I believed it.  I think the three of us must have looked really silly just standing at the door, watching the massive downpour of rain and letting the breeze flow in.  I've never been so grateful for rain!

3)  Blue Thunder, as I have aptly named our beloved blue truck, has had a breakdown.  Becky was the only one with her when it happened as Amanda and I were on our taxi tour of the city.  We really hope that she can be returned to us fixed or we will be having LOTS of taxi excursions in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment