Better Is One Day

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This is NOT legal in America.

We went to the zoo.  I think I'm gonna go once a week because I love feeding the chimps and other monkeys.  Here are some fun pics of our recent outing:



When I first walked in, I saw this little guy and thought he was an ugly cat.  He has only been there for three days...


Cute!




Clearly she wants some bananas.


This is my favorite Chimp in the park.  His name is Tally!!!  Isn't that crazy?  He's 26 years old and super sweet.  His favorite game is to go knuckle-to-knuckle in a strength war..  Guess who wins every time?



This little guy was terrified!






Yeah, in America- you couldn't get 20 feet from these guys :)

While this looks like fun and games (which it is!) - it's not all pleasant.  The reason I'm allowed to feed them is because the zoo doesn't make enough money to feed the animals and they only get fed once a day.  TIA.  Animals aren't priority and I get that.  (I have become quite desensitized!)  But I still love animals so I buy bananas.  The banana lady loves me because I buy a lot of her bananas right outside the zoo.  I have a blast feeding the chimps/monkeys and they get a little something extra on the day we come :)





No comments:

Post a Comment