I once asked a dear friend of mine if he ever was sad about leaving America and subsequently if he thought he would be sad to leave the place he called home for two years and he said something that has stuck with me. It's not profound by any means but it's just something I'm contemplating more and more during this super-weird transition time. He said that he just tries to "be where [he is]." I just started thinking about this because as I've mentioned before, it's difficult for me to live in the present. I've gotten a lot better I think. As I'm sitting in my room, for all intensive purposes the place I call home, I realize how life goes on. I know this but it just feels strange to look forward so much to coming "home" and then feel so out of place. I have a couple of really good friends here that have been super helpful, as well as my sister, but for the most part, it feels strange. It makes me sad to think that the friendships that I developed these past two months will end up in the same nature as the ones that I have here. That is where my friends words keep echoing in my mind - Be where you are! I was there for two months. I am here now. I will be somewhere else in six days. I wouldn't change the tough parts of moving on. I get to meet the most awesome people at each step of the way and am blessed by their presence in my life for a time. And though you can't keep up with everyone, I am able to keep up with a handful from each phase.
His advice reminds of me of some that I recently received: Be with Him!
Be with Him. Be where you are!
On a more lighthearted note, I'm enjoying eating all the American food that I can stuff in my mouth :) I think I've eaten pizza and beef for almost every meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment