Better Is One Day

Friday, September 23, 2011

Did two months really just pass?

For all the MBTI lovers out there, I'm really trying to reign in my "F." I did a really good job for the most part :) I think I may have only have shed 10 tears total. But that was only by my extreme stubbornness not to. Saying goodbye is always so hard for me but it is such a blessing to know that it is so painful because the relationships built truly mean something. 


The last two weeks have been a complete whirlwind.  Literally.  I don’t understand how time can move so fast.  Especially these last three days.  Monday was just like any other day on the farm.  Tuesday started to get a little strange because after breakfast we didn’t have to rush to get to small groups.  And the emotions started.  One of our leaders was making me laugh because as she got up to say her goodbyes to the group as a collective, the first word out of her mouth was cracking.  I’m right there with her so instead of lose it, I laugh.  We had rehearsal for our ceremony and it felt kind of like a cross between a graduation ceremony and a marriage (due to a reception afterwards). 

The ceremony itself was absolutely beautiful.  The songs chosen are forever branded in my head and heart.  The welcome by the president was nice surprise!  And the charge by leadership was inspiring.  As we stood up to walk out of the place, I look over and Sue is crying her eyes out, so proud of us as we leave.  The emotions are so raw!  We are so ready but it is really bittersweet to leave behind those that have poured into us for 8 weeks. 

The reception had some wonderful food and S&A made the trip, along with the baby to come see me! Was soo good to see them again! 

The party had only begun at that point!  A lot of us went out on the town for our last night.  We played a red-team dominating game of lazer tag, ate at B-dubs, purchased some energy drinks, had to wait for security to let us in so naturally we started dancing on cars, played murder in the dark (this was TOTALLY safe & secure J) until 12:30 in the morning when the sweet guard said we had to move the party elsewhere.  So.. right outside the building?  Sounded good to us.  We finally said our goodbyes at about 1:30 am.  I then decided that would be a great time to start cleaning and packing.  So I stayed up all night to get it done.  And then slept the entire next day.  And now you are caught up on life.
Right now, more transition time.  Spending a few days in Alabama to speak here.  Then back to my home state for a week of sure to be chaos with some people that I cherish deeply. 
October 4th is the big day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment