Well. Just some updates. We went to our nations capital for the second time as a leisure trip. Got to go into the Holocaust Museum and see the permanent exhibition. Everytime I revisit that museum, I'm just appalled that humans are capable of such evil and that genocides still happen today. We saw the obligatory things - White House and good ole Honest Abe. Ate at the Lebanese Tavern and brightened up the waitor's night. I got to speak with some Indonesians which made me really happy and sad all at the same time. And finally, it is official: there is not a such thing as using your debit card in a taxi in DC even though the "nice guy in a uniform" may have told our friend Hannah so.
Onto some more practical things. This week has been a long but good week. We've put some tools in our toolboxes as far as security goes for most of the week. Had some personal time which was nice. In exactly a month from today we fly out! Can't believe how fast the time is going!
Finally, chicken killing. I don't really know what in the world I was thinking when I signed up to do this. Nothing in me likes to kill anything. And I didn't exactly make it through. I held down a chicken while a friend took care of it but as soon as it started squirming underneath me, I had to back away and the chief stepped in. I'm not opposed to meat. I like meat a lot. I just don't want to see it live or take part in the killing process. Luckily for me, I don't think I will have to. Part of me felt like a wimp because no one else was seeming to have a problem but then I just shrugged it off, knowing I'm just made differently. I'm sure my experiences over the next two years might desensitize me to this somewhat. Just one of the many ways I'm sure to be stretched. One thing I know for sure: this gave a whole new pespective on the phrase - Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
No comments:
Post a Comment