Better Is One Day

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter and Camp!

Spent the Easter holiday with our new "family" here and loved it!!  Seriously, love the people we work with.  Couldn't have asked for a better clan :)  Fun silly games, worshiping together and of course, delicious grub! 

The Easter bunnies hiding eggs... aren't they cute!?

Tug-of-war madness!!

Egg-toss...

We had an English camp with our University students this week..  It was a blast but also extremely tiring!  Here's just a few of the hundreds of pictures taken over the week :)

Eating around the bowl..
Amanda and I want to get shirts made that say, "I survived ceeb five days in a row!" :)


I really do love my job.  During this lunch meal, we were having a conversation that stemmed from the issue of slavery since we had just visited Goree Island.  It's amazing to me how the people here hold no grudges.  Our conversation focused on the idea of forgiveness - is it truly possible?  what does it mean to forgive?  is it a one-time deal or is it a process?  

Teaching the small group Grammar Session.

Some fun gals!


Please can we notice that this fish has TEETH!?



We had a scavenger hunt around Goree Island - this is the "recycled cowboy"  ...can't you tell?

Our group was a little "communication challenged" so we weren't able to do a lot of the items on the list so we decided to make the pictures that we did take fun :)

Our group shot!

In other news, I started driving this week.  I've been practicing shifting gears on the side roads but I had never gone past third gear.  I called our team leader last night to see if he would ride along for moral support this morning on the big roads - he says, "Why don't you come pick me up?"  UMM.. you mean drive on the big, scary road to get you?  Well, alright then.  I was glad though because if I'm scared, I need to be gently forced to do something.  And driving went REALLY well..  A huge blessing.


Classes start back up again this week.  Cannot believe we're already halfway through April.  Time is flying by.  This session will be finished before we know it and then summer will be here!

Lots of things happening now and around the corner!  We're hoping to start a study with some girls that we've met, English classes in full gear, getting a children's club up and running, prayer walking our neighborhood, tons of teams are filing through, continuing visiting the friends we've already made, attempting to improve our Wolof language abilities...  Loving Him and loving lifeeeeeeee!








No comments:

Post a Comment