Better Is One Day

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Precious Moments

Well, welcome to my blog!  This feels really weird to be writing to the world wide web for all to see.. but we're gonna go with it. 

I've been at orientation for almost five weeks now and I should have started on this a long time ago so I'll be playing catch up with this post. 

Title:  For me, I have such a difficult time living in the present.  I'm always looking forward or past and hardly ever appreciating the gift of a single day placed before me.  Even tonight as I was walking away from an awesome time of worship around a bonfire, I was reminded that these moments are precious and will soon be gone. 

I want to say thank you for coming along side me on this journey!  It's already been a fun ride so here are some recaps for you:

1)  I've been learning more than I ever thought possible in a matter of a few weeks.  If I had to choose one word to describe the process it would be thorough.  I'm hoping to one day soon be able to sit down and sort through everything.  I'm glad that I have the "hide of a rhinoceros" to be able to sit through everything ;)

2)  I made a quilt.  No, I didn't just pose with it.  I actually used a sewing machine and did it all myself with the instruction of some fabulous ladies!  Who would have guessed I'd have any homemaker instinct!?  But there it was!  Buried... deep.

3)  We've had lots of shots.  I have lots of small quantities of live viruses circulating my system.  This is quite an adventure to be a part of 200 people receiving anywhere from 1-6 vaccinations in an afternoon.  Knowing that there is a Disney princess bandaid (or four) waiting is the only thing that gets me through...  

4)  I have learned that once again, He is faithful.  The people around me are absolutely wonderful.  I could not have asked for a better group of people to share this experience with. 

5)  We had our first taste of a traditional African meal.  The combination of rice, beef, peanut sauce, fruits and vegetables do not seemingly go together, but it's really not bad!  You eat from your "triangle" around the bowl with your hands (how fun!).  My favorite thing though is that if you do not particuarly care for something out of your "triangle" you just throw it into someone elses.  For me, this was tomatos into my friend Mindy's.  She needed more veggies.

About to dig in!


I just am overwhelmed at the moment with just how absolutely blessed I am.  This time of sweet fellowship, focus, reflection, worship, preparation is just truly a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment