Lindy: We decided that we don't want to learn today.
Amanda: Which is different from any other day?
Lindy: What can we do that is fun here that we haven't already done?
Patricia: I'm thinking. We can go to [insert market name here].
Amanda: Okay, that's fine.
Lindy: No way! If you've been to one market here, you've been to them all. Let's do something we haven't done before.
Patricia: Okay, I'm thinking.
Lindy: You're a native here! Surely there has to be something fun in this city that we haven't done.
Patricia: Okay, we can go to this island. You have to take a little boat to get there.
Lindy: Yes! That is it! Let's go!
Amanda: [Immediately goes and takes a dramamine]
Patricia: You're taking medicine? It's just a little boat.
Amanda: That's why I'm taking medicine.
Lindy: Nu dem (let's go!)
We procede to get in a taxi that almost hits a man walking across the road and then "runs out of gas" aka breaks down right before we get to our destination. So we walk.
The absolute best part of the day was watching our language teacher get in and out of this boat that took us literally what seemed like 20 feet away to this random island. The water is incredibly clear which is surprising to say the least as there is very little beauty that isn't destroyed in this country somehow or another.
The actual island was not too terribly exciting. Just walked around. Just nice to be on the beach for a day. I did find a really cool African outfit that I thought was a onesie but it wasn't. Close enough. When we came back, everyone was jumping out of the boat on one side so it started to tilt. I thought it was gonna flip so I jumped out real fast which apparently knocked it even more off kilter which made Patricia fall. Oh man, how I love that lady! She is absolutely hilarious and not steady on her feet. Anyhow. Enjoy these pictures! Still rockin' those braids! Amanda is cheating and covering hers :)
Oh yeah, these life jackets don't close in any way. Good thing we're not going far.
Also, this is quite disturbing to me. Yesterday, I was walking to go see some sheep that I really like (and by loving these sheep we get invited into a home of this really cool family!) and I pass by this guy with this bucket on his head. I knew what they were - I just didn't know from what animal. So I call Amanda and Patricia (who are at a boutique) to come see this. The guy informs us that these are cow legs. I ask if we can take a picture and he says we have to pay. This was well worth spending a dollar to show the world what in the world kind of stuff is sold here. Patricia's input: "Oh, they're soo delicious!" Yeah, right.
In case you're curious, one leg will set you back about six US dollars.







OMG! I'm expecting some cow leg for Christmas dinner!!! Yall got several months to perfect the dish!!!
ReplyDelete