Better Is One Day

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello there forehead!

So I always think that I don't have alot to blog about.  But when I actually do sit down to write an update, I have a lot more than I think.  So I'll just update with a lot of pictures and some words on the important points.

First up:  Tea making lessons.


Thing #8756 I've never done before:  Light charcoal with none other than the trash paper on the street.


This is after I've spilled the tea several times.  Starting to get the hang of it here :)  It's a lot harder than it seems!



Second, we went up a "mountain" (aka a glorified hill but might as well be a mountain as I don't exercise) to a lighthouse.  It's really calm and nice up there.  You can see a good chunk of our city and it's quite a different perspective because looking down, it almost seems calm, serene, non-chaotic.  But we know better.


This is the western-most point of our continent :)



I like doing handstands with cool backgrounds!


When we left, we were standing on a roundpoint trying to catch a taxi.  We notice a herd of cows walking on the opposite side of the road from where we are.  If you know me, you know I love any kind of animal and one of my favorite things about this place is the incorporation of livestock into everyday life.  So naturally, I'm stoked at the sighting of a herd of cows.  I ask Amanda to start taking pictures. 




Still far away at this point.


Wait.. are they coming this way???


Lindy:  "Omgoodness!! This is awesome!  Keep taking pictures!!!"   Amanda:  "We HAVE to get out of here!"  Lindy:  "No! No!  It's okay.. keep taking pictures!!"


Cows stopping traffic.


This picture was taken after we waited til the very last second to run away from them :)


Hair braiding extravaganza!  Yes, it did and still does hurt.  Yes, I look sometimes like the Chucky doll or that I am a proud owner of a mullet.  Yes, my forehead is huge and shiny.  But you know what?  It's not about us! :)




Working on Amanda's!!


Look how happy the girls look!!


Lookin good!!  haha!


I really like these sheep closeby so we took a some pictures.  I'm just putting this one up so you can get the full scope of how silly I look with braids.  Only in West Africa.






1 comment:

  1. A handstand from there is a great accomplishment with that wind.

    ReplyDelete