Better Is One Day

Saturday, June 23, 2012

So many whitiessss!

So these past two weeks have been literally insane but amazing!  A couple Thursdays ago, we picked up a team of 21 high schoolers, college students and their chaperones for 10 days of work here at the center!  As always, we had a beautiful plan laid out for them including a Kids Club in the morning and English clubs and pr walking in the afternoons..  Well, that didn't work out as planned because the kids are still in school.  Monday morning rolls around and we have 15 kids trickle in one-by-one.  However, the word spread and by the last day we had 350 kids come through the doors to hear the story of hope probably for the first time in their lives!  I was personally challenged by and I'm so thankful for this crew that took the time out of their lives to come here!  They were a blessing in so many ways... including the 144 pieces of bacon they left me ;)









Loved this gal!!!  

In this middle of this, Mel came to visit!  It was a fun time showing her around!


Our guide hopped up on here like it was no problem - I get the brilliant idea to do the same..  with a lot less gracefulness than he had!

We went to the Bandia Reserve - aka West Africa's fake safari place..  My favorite quote of all time:

Mel (to tour guide):  How many of the animals in here are native to here?
Guide:  Four.  The rest are from South Africa.

So.. I wasn't expecting anything fabulous but it was fun to ride around and see the different animals not native to here.  I am positive that my new favorite animal is a giraffe...  They are absolutely stunning.






Eating at the restaurant there was quite the experience!  I had heard that the monkeys would literally come steal food off your plate and being the animal lover that I am the idea of this thrilled me.  Well, for some reason which is beyond my explanation, these monkeys terrified me at first.  They just came in swarms.


So Mel feeds the monkeys while I throw peanuts at them..  Mel says that they needed to have boundaries so she would shoo them back if they got too aggressive to which they would hiss at her and I would freak out that she needed to give the monkeys what they wanted... LOL!




Eventually I came around.. :)




But my guard was right there with the water gun waiting to save me from the insane monkeys!




Our last night together..  with the lack of sunset..   Miss her already but so grateful that she came to visit!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment