Better Is One Day

Friday, March 9, 2012

Highlights of my job :)

So it has taken quite a bit longer to get to this point than I initially thought it would but I can honestly say that I'm enjoying (most aspects) of life here.  I mean, I think that I'll miss people from back home and the convenience of a Chick-fil-a until the day I return but there are lots of little things that make life here, as Amanda would say, fantastic :) 


Here are a couple highlights:


This is teaching English at its best folks! What I lack in training to do this, He has certianly made up for with passion :)  By the time I leave class every day, I'm seriously covered in chalk!

The students want to learn English and I have so much fun with them!  This particular day we were going over body parts and I decided to draw a person so they could practice.  That person, I told them, was Amanda.  We labeled her.  It's truly amazing how far they have come in so little time.  I really was scared out of my mind the first day of class but now things are pretty smooth!  Also, we're making our way through (in English, French and Wolof) the best story ever told in class! It's truly a blessing to teach these guys! 


We had a game night for the University English students that we teach.  We played charades, scrabble, and Never Have I Ever.  The games were a hit and it was so much fun to see the students out of their serious element- just to cut back and let loose with them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment